Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Wireless Intercom - Retrofit solutions

The other day I had a request to install an intercom system in a house with two levels, and it had
not been pre-wired for it. So I had to do a little digging.

I found a Wireless Intercom, with flush mount wall units that gave a nice professional appearance, from www.catchacall.com. they also have desk units that have a room monitoring built-in. they all run on batteries, so no wiring needed at all. However there is one weakness
If you have a small child, or toddler that you would like to monitor their room, you have to use a portable unit which means they can run off with it.

The device is clean and simple, and easily installed. However when I called their support line prior to the purchase, and asked if the wall units could be "monitored" I was told quite incorrectly that they could be. Apparently my english wasn't well understood. Because after
buying over $600.00 dollars of product I had not met my customers needs. and had to put out another $150.00 to make my company look good.

So great product but it does have limitations.

Cheers,
Meshak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home